GRADUATE PROGRAM ASSISTANT SUCCESS COACH
Organization: NC Society of Hispanic Professionals
Organization Type: Nonprofit
Category: Executive Director/CEO
The ¡Gradúate! Assistant Success Coach will assist the Success Coach with academic, career, and personal coaching to students in the ¡Gradúate! Program by providing services to a case load of students within the program to administer personalized coaching sessions and assist with after school sessions. The ¡Gradúate! Program will provide in school services during the day and after school activities for students along with workshops for families. Programs are aimed at increasing students’ attendance, academic achievement, youth leadership, graduation, and families’ involvement in their children’s education. Position will be supervised and guided by the ¡Gradúate! Success Coach and report to the NCSHP Director. This position is a contract-based assignment for 08 months, working 18 - 20 hours per week at the schools listed below.
Work Location: Work locations of the program under the responsibility of the Coach are Cary High School in Cary, NC and Millbrook High School in Raleigh, NC.
Who you are:
Mission-Aligned & Passionate About Youth: You are passionate about making an impact by providing access to educational opportunities for Hispanic youth and resources for the community.
Detail Oriented and Data-Driven: You have strong organizational and project management skills in prioritizing activities, delivering on assigned tasks in a timely fashion; you are data-driven and meticulous in your attention to detail.
Natural Relationship Builder: People are drawn to you and you have a special capacity to successfully build new relationships and steward existing relationships with the school staff and administrators, ¡Gradúate! Program students and with their families.
Confident and Innovative: You bring fresh, new ideas and are comfortable contributing meaningful insights and opinions.
Professional Qualifications and Candidate Profile:
• Associates degree or pursuing a degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field in instruction/education;
• Experience working with Hispanic youth in an educational setting;
• Experience with the special problems of minority, and low-income students;
• Commitment to the target population and sensitivity to the educational needs of the target population;
• Demonstrated skills in academic, personal, and career counseling;
• Self-starter with a dynamic, out-going personality;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and collaborative and meet deadlines;
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office, e-mail, and internet;
• Knowledgeable of NC High School graduation requirements and college access; and
• Bilingual/bicultural English and Spanish. Excellent communication skills in both languages.
• Conduct individual meetings with identified case load of students at two high schools;
• Support of afterschool sessions and Family Academy Sessions at Millbrook and Cary High School;
• Initiate contact with students enrolled in the program in the academic year of 2017-2018;
• Track and report individual meetings using appropriate forms and reporting tools/templates; and
• Assist with administrative and reporting duties of the Gradúate Success Coach.
The North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals (NCSHP) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit statewide organization whose mission is to promote education among Hispanic youth in North Carolina. NCSHP concentrates on the educational needs of Hispanic students. The intent of NCSHP is to develop and secure educational opportunities to improve Hispanic youth’s success and school performance. The main area of coverage of NCSHP’s activities is the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill). NCSHP’s office is located in Cary, NC.
Hourly Salary: $16.00/ hr. (commensurate with education and work experience). Travel & Expenses, reimbursed. Basic Vacation/Sick Leave Benefits.
Dates of Contract: November 2017 – June 2018.
Probationary Period: 60 days
Application Procedure: To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume in one PDF file using the following naming convention: “Your Last Name-Your First Name_Graduate Program Assistant Coach”, via email only to:
Neyra Toledo, NCSHP Director email@example.com
Application Deadline: Applications will be evaluated and scheduled for an interview (if applicable) immediately. Applications will be accepted until position has been filled.
SAVE THE DATE: If you are selected for an interview, we will be scheduling in person interviews on October 26, 27, 31 and on November 1 - 3. Please mark your calendar and plan to be available for those dates.
Address: 8450 Chapel Hill Road Suite 209 Cary, NC
For additional information or questions, please call (919) 467-8424. NCSHP website: www.thencshp.org
The NCSHP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.
• Post ID: 51451377 northcarolina